Current Posts

Thursday, November 19, 2009

'Tis the season for tights

Even though I turn 39 in a few weeks 11 days, my inner Punky Brewster still gets a little silly for funky socks.  And while I hope bejeweled vests stay put in the past, the revival of '90s style opaque tights makes it a lot easier to dress up for a Chicago winter.

StockinGirl has it all: houndstooth tights (only the socks are shown in photos), paisley thigh highs, even winter weight opaque cotton tights in fabulous colors.

What I really love for winter is their selection of wool tights.  Yes - you read that right: wool tights.  If you live south of I-80, you might not understand the need, but us northerners need to protect ourselves from the elements!

The wool tights come in 3 varieties.  The first pair are non-textured:





Next up are the ribbed tights:





And finally a cabled version:


2 comments:

  1. Ribbed for me, all the way. These are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember wearing awesome cabled warm tights when I was a kid and have been looking for the adult version for years! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete