Current Posts

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Delish Dolls

As a little girl, I was somewhat obsessed with Colleen Moore's Fairy Castle at the Museum of Science & Industry in Chicago.  I even had a large hardbound book, filled with detailed macro photography, that spoke to the history of many pieces in the castle, and how Ms. Moore came to possess them.

My love of the Fairy Castle comes from  my love of intricate details that take focus to achieve, and a lot of soul to envision.  It is for those reasons that I also adore Spookbot Dolls by Lori.  Her dolls are the sort that inspire a girl to make wee little furniture.  I'm sure you know someone who would love to give these a home:






Oh - I can totally see my nine year old self spending rainy Saturdays making a Fimo playhouse for the sweetie on the top.  And the gal below has zombies to fight, dontcha know?  Or maybe I'm just partial to handmade dolls that don't already come with someone else's story... :-P.

1 comment:

  1. I was big on Colleen Moore's dollhouse too. At my house we had a book from when it was displayed at the NY World's Fair and I used to sit and look at the pictures and dream. When I went to Chicago for the first time, it was an absolute m ust to go see it. Wow, it's so much smaller in real life than the book I had! I did buy the book at the museum store, though.

    ReplyDelete